I wanted a way to quickly translate any web page in any language to English with a single click of a button. I use Firefox as my main browser, but I'd assume you can do this in IE and other browsers also.
- Right-click on the Firefox Bookmarks Pane and choose "New bookmark".
- In the Name field, fill in: Translate.
- In the Location field fill in:
Now when ever you're on a page that isn't in English, just click on the "Translate" bookmark and the page will be translated for you.
- http:// - This is the Protocol
- www.example.com - The domain
- /path/ - The path to the page on the domain
- ?query=abc&query2=xyz - The query (an associative list of parameters and values)
- #bookmark - The bookmark (a link to a part of a page)
I did a search and found this Extension for Firefox also: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/918. It allows you to translate the selected text inside a web page with Google Translator. We could also do the same with our bookmark method, but since there is an extension for it, lets just leave it at that. Enjoy.